The world’s greatest heroes of all time came together for the last time in ‘Avengers Endgame.” There were some tears and goodbyes. Some fun moments and once in a lifetime scenes. All of this in the service of the fans who love these characters so much. While this might be testament to how good the series is, another measure we can use is to find who had the most time on the screen. It turns out you can tell the importance of a character from this small metric!
To start, let’s look at the character with the most screen time.
1. Steve Rogers
The planet’s oldest soldier, according to Daily Mail is the one with the most appearance. He had a total screen time of one hour and six minutes. You may think this is a little confusing since more people love Iron Man and he would be the one with the most screen time, but no. Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America is the hero with the most screen time.
It makes some sense that he’s the one with the most time on the screen. For the most part, he was the one in command of the Avengers since he was the one leading the coordination effort. You can tell by his speech and natural inclination to lead his troops. After all, he had a big moment, too, leading up to the fight with the mad Titan and this was one of the moments in the film that fans cheered.
This does not mean he was above by a lot. Robert Downey Jr. was leading one a close second with one hour and two minutes. Thor was following up with 45 minutes and interesting enough Nebula was fourth with 41 minutes.
Here is a full list of the characters and their time:
- Captain America (Chris Evans) – one hour, six minutes
- Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) – one hour, two minutes
- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) – 45 minutes
- Nebula (Karen Gillan) – 41 minutes
- Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) – 40 minutes
- Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) – 38 minutes
- Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) – 37 minutes
- Rocket (Bradley Cooper) – 36 minutes
- War Machine (Don Cheadle) – 35 minutes
- Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) – 33 minutes
- Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) – 15 minutes
- Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) – eight minutes
- Groot (Vin Diesel) – seven minutes
- Shuri (Letitia Wright) – seven minutes
- Drax (Dave Bautista) – six minutes
- Okoye (Danai Gurira) – six minutes
- Wong (Benedict Wong) – six minutes
- Mantis (Pom Klementieff) – six minutes
- Loki (Tom Hiddleston) – two minutes